Saturday, April 25, 2009

I haven't seen you since. . .

Okay, it's been way too long. When I was young(er) I didn't see many of my cousins on any kind of a regular basis, even though I have 80 of them. Yes, it's true. I'm not making that up. With one exception, my mother would often visit her only full sibling. (They have always had a close relationship--I'm sure because they were orphaned young and were all each other had.) Because of that, the only cousins I have known well since childhood were Jill, Jeannie, and Jeff. I spent some fun times in Boston with Jill and that is where our friendship really grew. Well, we decided it was time for a visit, so she flew to Chicago for a few days. What a nice diversion that was. We spent 4 days chatting late into the night/morning, eating pizza, Italian, and chocolate. (Did you know that if you spend $50 at the Lindt chocolate store you get extra chocolate? Oh, and if you buy 3 bars, you get another free.) How long do you think it takes to eat about 8 lbs. of chocolate? I'm dying to find out. She cooked, we ate. She bought us gifts, we accepted. She told us all about her husband who was suffering from a kidney stone while she was visiting, we knew he was going to be fine. (BTW, Jill, is he fine? I assume everything came out okay. LOL--I couldn't help it.) So, thanks for coming. It was fun.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cloves said...

Wow, you can really tell your mothers are sisters. You have such a strong family resemblance.

I can help you out with that chocolate if you find you have too much.

Jill said...

Yes, Sandra, everything came out ok. He said he lost count after 10. The largest was 3mm but they gave him some stuff which dialated everything and kicked it all out. He has to folow up with them to find out what they were 'made' of and what restricions he now has but he is drinking lots of extra water. He says he feels better but it is affecting his sleep as he has to get up more often. Thankyou for asking.
I am glad you had as much fun as I did. I hope we can do it again sometime. I would love to bring Miranda next time. She loves cousins and does't have any her own age. So bring on the 2nd cousins.
Any news on the next locale?

Jill said...

And how was the golden birthday?