Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spinach Cubes

So, what do you do with that giant tub of spinach that you bought from Costco and know there's no way you will ever go through the entire thing before it goes bad? I decided to make spinach cubes. This was my own idea that I thought was pretty ingenious. I can't be the ONLY one who's ever thought of it, but this did come from my own brain.

First I cooked it, then blended it, then poured into ice cube trays.

Now they are ready to throw into the blender with my smoothies. They don't blend as quickly as ice. I noticed it takes a bit more blender time to really get them smooth. But it works. Fabulous.

Well, just when I thought I was on to something my friend told me that she just throws spinach into the freezer fresh. I had no idea that would work. So I guess I'll try that next time. Anyway, it was a good idea for a minute. Have any of you ever frozen fresh spinach before? Does this really work? I want to know.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Margie said...

Haha, if you had looked in my feezer while you were here you would have seen frozen spinach still in the bag. Since raw foodies would die at you cooking spinach and the smoothies are so much better with fresh (and a little lime sherbet), you can freeze and use as much or as little as you like. Next time we get together we need discussion topics so we can all chime in. ; )