Friday, July 22, 2011

Emma Sings

I must have heard at least 20 times this past year, "I don't have any talent." "I'm the only one in the family who can't sing." "I'm terrible at singing. Everyone sings better than me." No amount of reassurance could convince her that she was just as capable and talented as anyone else. She's great. It came as no surprise to me when she had a few big wins in the singing dept. recently.
1) She got the Certificate of Special Recognition by her choir teacher, given to only one student per grade.
2) She got the Certificate of Excellence in choir which is a certificate given to only one student per grade and voted by peers as a person who the kids think was the best prepared, behaved, someone who attended all concerts, a good singer, and someone who could be looked up to.
3) She auditioned for and was accepted into the Rising Generation Choir, which is a highly competitive LDS youth choir in the area. There were only 3 female spots available and many girls auditioned. Big Win!

I hope she's getting the message loud and clear that she is, indeed, talented. Yay for Emma!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: