Friday, December 7, 2007

Have I mentioned that my kids are. . .


Smart?! It's true and I'm just a proud Mom. Here's the latest. Emma just represented her class in the schoolwide spelling bee. She made it through the first round (along with about 6 other kids) and sadly, got out in the second round missing the word "sarcasm." Alas, there is no "i" in the word and now she knows that. Maddie represented her class in the 4th, 5th and 6th grade in elementary school and decided not to participate this year. I'm not sure why. She fails to recognize where her talents lie.

Anyway, I know I have never mentioned this, but I think it's worth mentioning. On last year's standardized tests, which were administered at the end of the year and results distributed at the beginning of this school year, Emma was in the 100th percentile in the math, logic, and reasoning portion of the test. She scored a perfect score for that section. The other sections were all in the 90's. Her overall score was 97th percentile. (which means that she scored as high or higher than 97 percent of the kids who took that test.) I just thought that was amazing since it seemed to take a while for my math brain to kick in. She also received the Principals Honor Roll award again for this trimester. That indicates a 4.0 gpa overall in class. I'm really impressed with her.

So, we wanted to get her a little something in recognition of her accomplishments. . .which leads me to this.

Richard brought home an mp3 player--not ipod. I feel bad that I have these smart kids and I have to be so lame, but I cannot figure out how to put music on it for anything. Yes, I have an ipod and have no trouble whatsoever with it. But I can't get the Sansa Shaker to work at all. Anyone have any tips that might make this possible? The reward is seeming more and more unrewarding to Emma as the months go by. Poor thing.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Uh-oh. Richard made the mistake of straying from the Apple product. Stick to the ipod, Richard!!!

Congratulations, Sandra, on having such smart and beautiful kids. They really are, and we know just where they get it from too. YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be proud! Go spellers and math geniuses! Did they also inherit your musical abilities? That would just be too much, though. But I bet they can sing. Wow. You might as well start applying for scholarships now.

Joni said...

You can't put itunes on it, if that's your problem. It has to be from another site.

I have a Sansa and I use www.legalsounds.com.

Good luck. Call me if you need more help.

And of course your kids are genius.