Monday, August 18, 2008

Lincoln Park Zoo

We went to the zoo with our new friends, the Springer's. Ellie has a new buddy named Rebecca. They have so much fun together you'd think they had been friends for years.
This is a cool place that is free to the public. . . and it's a real zoo. . . with lots of animals. I was just so amazed that it was free. So we packed a lunch and then it seemed like an even better deal.
So, Ellie was bugging everyone about going to the bat exhibit. For about 1.5 hours she kept bringing it up. She was holding the map and would get annoyed if we veered in the wrong direction. (I don't even know how she learned to read a map. I couldn't make heads or tails of it myself.) Well, we finally made it there and as soon as she got a glimpse of them (from about 20 ft.) she had completely changed her mind and did NOT want to see them at all. She cried until I took her out. It was a darkened room and I think she just thought it was a little too eerie. So, there she is, hiding her face.
Our favorite part was the gorillas. They are usually my favorite part, but these guys were the best. They had the whole family there, but the silverback (is that what you call the dad's?) was cracking me up. He was sitting there in the corner just looking at everyone, but he was soooo tired and you could really see it on his face. He was nodding off just like you might see the bishopric do sometimes. He was really trying to stay awake though. It was just weird to think that gorillas try to fight off sleep too. I guess kids wear you out no matter what specie you are.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: