Wednesday, January 14, 2009

5 bucks


The little girls got a $5 gift card from Walmart for Christmas in their stockings. They were so excited to spend it and would NOT wait until we were there. So, just to get it over with I took them to Walmart and let them choose something. I was sorta impressed with Ellie's pick. She loves going to Color Me Mine to paint ceramics, but we don't go very often because it's kinda, ummm, pricey for us. So she found a set of 6 paintbrushes for $3 and this little set of ponies for $2.50. I already have tons of tempra paint so she was set. She came home and painted these little guys and had the greatest time. I thought it was $5 well spent.
Lauren did a pretty good job too. She found a clearance Barbie Mariposa for $7 (I spotted the extra). I was only slightly less thrilled with this choice because we already own an estimated 50 Barbies. And so it goes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Holli said...

I saw the '5 bucks' title then looked at the picture, and without reading anything else assumed someone had bought those (already painted) for 5 bucks. And I thought, "I know 5 bucks isn't a lot these days, but for a decoration those sure aren't painted very well!" Then I read the post and was glad to see that they weren't to be passed off as store made, but a fun project for a little girl. And for that, I think 5 bucks is great and a great job painting. Very cute.