Thursday, February 26, 2009

Once On This Island

The big show has finally come and gone. Months of preparation and rehearsal have come to an end. Phew! The Middle School musical this year starred Maddie as Ti Moune and Emma as a Storyteller. They did a fabulous job and I'm not just saying that because I'm the Mom. Truly, Maddie was outstanding in comparison to the other girls. She sings out loud and clear, her pitch was on, and her vocal quality was far and away the BEST! Emma had a lot of solo parts as well and she was just as good. She never seemed nervous and spoke and sang with confidence and clarity. I was so proud. They are like superstars! They got a lot of attention at school and are feeling like real celebrities. I think Maddie has had a good taste of it and seems to want more. Poor Emma did a great job, but just by nature of the roles they got, Maddie is getting a bit more attention. Emma was great too.
They are going to miss the show. I encouraged them to audition because I knew they needed some way to connect to other kids quickly and make new friends. That's exactly what has happened and now they are so sad that it's over because that's where all their friends are. Hopefully they will get to see them enough in the regular school day.
Way to go Girls. I love you!!!!
(Click on photos to enlarge.)Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joni said...

okay, is it weird the Maddie looks positively gorgeous AND like Ex-Rich in drag?

No offense at all. Ex-Rich was a good looking woman. *wink*

Seriously though, I can't believe my tiny little Maddie and Emma girls are so grown up. I wish I could have seen it.

Joni said...

Oh, and Emma is like mini-Sandra.

Ronda said...

Wow, that is great that they had a whole semester to practice. It must have been well finished. I thought it must have been over a long time ago and wondered why I hadn't heard anything. The pictures are great! I am so glad I got to see that, at least.