Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Smokey Green

I'm calling it a mid-life crisis. I really don't know what else to attribute it to. Boredom maybe? No, that really can't be it. Curiosity? Perhaps. But really I'm just trying to sqeeze a few things in that I'd better do now before I'm way too old. So. . .even though I really don't have time in my life for such things, on a whim the other day I wanted to try the "smokey eye shadow" look. It looks so cute on young, hip, beautiful women. So, I thought, I'm not getting any younger. If I want to see what it looks like I'd better do it now. So I found a bunch of You Tube tutorials and followed along. It was quite a bit more make-up than I'm used to and I was really tempted to take it all off before I went to the school to pick up Lauren and I was totally self-conscious of it the whole time, but I ended up wearing it the whole day and it was FUN. For a day. Really, in the pictures (which I totally retouched to hide the wrinkles and stuff because THEY DO NOT look good with the young, hip, beautiful style I was going for and I'm super bummed that in real life I had to wear the makeup WITH the wrinkles) you can't tell how thick it is, but there is eyeliner on top and bottom and even inside the lashes and I am wearing black eye shadow with the greens and you can't tell that either. But anyway, it was fun. I think everyone should try it for a day.
Also, I think I had just colored my hair, either that day or the day before, so it's really bright. Yup, I'm looking colorful!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look like a STAR.