Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Tragedy. . .

called Hamlet.

An amazing woman in our ward has been doing an annual Shakespeare play for a few years now and this time my girls were able to be a part of it. It really was an amazingly well done production. I loved so much about it. I loved that the kids got a great understanding of the show and any of them could tell you the storyline. I loved that they got a feel for the Shakespearean language. I loved that they all felt the committment of being in a production and all did their parts to be prepared. I loved the costumes and the set. I loved the friendships that were formed. We just have so many super talented people around us and I can't give Erin enough praise on this. It was fabulous!

Lauren did a great job as Queen Gertrude. I was a little worried that it would be too much for her. It's a pretty heavy part, but she proved me wrong and did a fantastic job. Ellie was a fabulous Guildenstern. Not without accident however. Right before she was to go on for one of her parts I was backstage helping her get her hat on very quickly and poked her in the eye with one of her hat feathers. It was terrible. She missed that scene and I'm pretty sure the entire audience could hear her crying backstage. But, what memories we created! I'm sure she'll never forget it.



This is a picture of all of the dead in the cast. Sadly, most of the characters in this show die. . .and they all LOVED their death scenes the most. They're all so dramatic.
Posted by Picasa

A special thanks to BlimBam photography for these great shots of the show.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Oh My Gosh, that looks so cute. I would love to get my kids involved in something like that.

I wish I could have seen it!

Yay for Shakespeare. I'll be reading 6 of his plays this summer.

Ronda said...

I was prepared to be sad for you but instead I feel overjoyed. What a wonderful experience for you all.