Monday, October 15, 2007

Eeeuuw. . . Mice



Although this little guy looks a little bit cute in a sad and helpless way (he's stuck in a printer), we have had our own mouse encounters lately and it wasn't so cute.

First of all, I must admit I get the idiot of the month award. We have two storage units in our garage that we use for food storage. It just didn't occur to me that there might be mice around who could access these. I feel like we live in this nice little suburb and how dare a mouse intrude on our life? But he/they did. We mostly put canned foods in there, but I put a big bag of noodles in one of them. You know, the kind you get from Sam's Club for $3. It's been there for quite a while (many months) and there hasn't been a problem. But, we went out to get something the other day and there were mouse droppings all over and it really stunk! So, guess who's job it was to clean it all out today. Yep, it was great. I was so grossed out by the whole thing that I scoured the whole unit and washed every can in soapy water. And yes, threw away the noodles. Yuck! Pros: I now know everything that's in there. It is all organized and clean. It smells great thanks to the air freshener I put out there. We will also be putting poison, traps, etc. and enjoying the neighborhood cats more.

4 comments:

Joni said...

Was that your mouse in your printer, or did you find that photo elsewhere?

Either way, yucky. Sorry.

Sandra said...

The mouse in the photo I found online. I haven't had one that close to my living space, thank goodness.

Erin said...

Yeah, euwwww. When we lived there, we didn't even know we had a mouse until Randy backed up over it and killed it one day on the way to work. What are the chances? Then we discovered its droppings all throughout our garage storage. Thankfully my parents were around so Dad could take care of dead-rodent-duty. I cannot stomach the task. I've killed and disposed of a couple lizards here and that is bad enough!

Cloves said...

If you have one you have many. We had lots of mice in our house in Delft. We were surrounded by fields and they came for warmth and food. I could tell you stories, but you probably don't want to hear them. Royce trapped and disposed of many mice.

Here we just have spiders. I've smashed my fair share of black widows.