Sunday, March 30, 2008

And now for my "human" experience this week

I got a call from the school on Wed. letting me know that Lauren had been checked, along with all the other kids in her class, and she was one of 5 in her classroom who had lice nits. So, they checked Emma and decided she might have some too. So, Wed. night was filled with lots of shampoo treatments and combing with that little comb. Then it was the changing of all the bedding and pillows and stuffed animals, etc. It took the entire evening and most of the next day to do all the laundry and vacuuming and stuff. Eeuuwww! Luckily, the rest of us seem to be free and really, Emma didn't even have much, if any.
But the funny thing was the way Maddie freaked and got Ellie to freak with her. Upon returning home and hearing the news she immediately grabbed a shopping bag and tied it around her head and got Ellie to do the same. Then they locked themselves in the bathroom for about an hour. Do I have drama princesses or what? I was lucky enough to get Maddie to pose for this shot. So here she is. . .lice free.
Sorry it's blurry. I accidently deleted the good shot. Now, picture Ellie done up just like this. I didn't get a photo of her. She wasn't handy when I had the camera out and I was a little busy with other things that day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Okay, apparently it was pretty common to get lice where Jason grew up in Washington. So he and his siblings had all kinds of fun taunting each other about it. They used to hold up their hair, extending it to another sibling's head, calling it a "lice bridge" just to horrify each other. Good times!