Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellie!


Ellie was thrilled to experience her first friend birthday party. Of course, the theme was princess/barbie. Anything that fit into that general catagory was okay with her. She invited all of her princess friends and one little prince. He didn't mind a bit. A huge requirement for the party was the barbie cake. She wanted an all pink dress which she helped me design. Then we molded princess pets out of chocolate--a kitty and a puppy. We decorated crowns, listened to the frog prince story, played princess games like pass the Serafina (Princess and the Pauper reference), Don't let Barbie (balloon) fall, freeze dance to princess music, etc. Then we had a princess feast, followed by the part of the party Ellie wanted the most--watched Barbie as Mariposa with her friends. That was really the only thing she wanted to do for her birthday. I kinda had to talk her into the rest. And, truly, she wasn't really interested in most of it. It turned out great and now I can focus on other things.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brooke said...

This is a sight I will never behold in my own house, so it is fun to see a full-on princess party with your little princess, Sandra! I love the cake. I'm pretty sure I would have died for a cake like that at her age. I remember vividly my favorite cake: Strawberry Shortcake. (The doll, you know, not just strawberry shortcake, which would not have been cool at all.)

Looks like so much fun. Happy birthday, Ellie!!!

Cloves said...

No princess action is ever going to happen at our house either. I didn't realize our kids had such close birthdays.

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

Erin said...

That's not your average Barbie-doll cake. Wow! I'm seriously impressed with your decorating skills.