Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy 4th

Posted by Picasa


We finally took a break from renovating my house (do you like the new blue door? It kinda matches the sky.) and had some happy 4th of July festivities. Sadly, I didn't get many pictures. But, we started at the big parade in Hyrum. Margie and fam were there and we got some great seats. We didn't even have to stake them out a week in advance like most people did. Ellie and Lauren LOVED being "candy catchers" in the parade. Ellie would say it like it was her special role during the event. "I love being a candy catcher." "I'm a good candy catcher." It was way more fun to catch than eat. Then it was back to Mom and Dad's for a grand buffet of picnic foods.
I was able to meet up at my house with beautiful Brooke and new baby Finn for some catching up. What a treat. Of course, that night Richard insisted that we do fireworks. Sparklers just wouldn't do. So, he went and bought enough to satisfy everyone. It was plenty. . . and yes, we were feeling extra patriotic with every blast. Ooooooo, Ahhhhhh, Woahhhhhhh.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Awwww, I'm so honored to be on your blog. You've got to email me these photos. My old pal, Sandra, back on Apple Drive. Also, those were some of Finn's early smiles. What a cutie! You will be amazed to know that he is now even BIGGER! You didn't think his thighs could get any chubbier. But they are.