Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big Boy Birthday at the Brunzwick Zone

 

Richard must be having a mid-life crisis or something. He wanted to have a kid-style birthday this year, complete with carnival-type rides, arcade games, pizza, and lots of goofing around. Just kidding. He really wanted to have a fun, family outing of bowling and pizza at the Brunzwick Zone, which is a local bowling, lazer tag, arcade place. Wouldn't you know it, when we got there we discovered that it was league night and there wasn't a lane available. So we ended up doing all of the aforementioned activities. I think the kids were pleased though. There was noone doing those things, so we got to bumper car as much as we could stand it. We were also happily entertained by the local teenaged regulars who were DDR masters. I talked to them and they said that they've been going there almost every day for 6 years. I have never seen anyone that good at that game. I was totally and completely impressed. Can you say Feet Flying Fast in Fabulous Formation? They didn't miss a beat. Okay, enough of that. We got gobs and gobs of tickets and came away with a glow in the dark necklace and a few notebooks and other stuff that Ellie calls China, "because they all say China on them." It makes sense to me.
Then we came home to Birthday Pumpkin Pie which Richard requested because he has no faith in my ability to make a cake. I don't care. I didn't want to make him one anyway. Sniff, sniff. Cakes are stupid. (Turns around and sulks.) It's okay. Saved me time in the long run. BTW, I do make okay cakes. I won't call them fabulous, but they are usually edible. So, happy birthday Richard.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cloves said...

Happy Birthday Richard! I requested Cheesecake for my birthday, I don't think the kids will ever want regular cake again.

Joni said...

Hmm, that beard is lookin' mighty white. (smirk)

Happy Birthday from our family too. Looks like a good time was had by all.