Thursday, October 16, 2008

I've been cooking

 

So, I've made a few yummy things lately. My friend Laura has a great post about bread. Here it is. You make it once and get three things out of it. My kids liked the breadsticks the best. Maybe I'll just do a bunch of those next time and freeze them in portion packages.
Then, our new friend Subash grew tons of tomatoes and peppers and brought them over to share with us. I was able to make this great salsa that turned out perfectly. I usually have a hard time getting the right texture. But this time---perfection.
And finally, these are Christina's Rolo Center Cookies found here. They are truly a bit of heaven. EVERYONE in my family agreed on this. I made them for a bake sale and here was the problem. The fabulous part of these cookies is hidden inside, so you don't really know how great they are until you try them. Thus, they weren't flying off the table like I was expecting them to. People were buying Rice Crispie Treats instead of these!! :( I was terribly disappointed, mostly because I really wanted them and it didn't look like anyone else did. I'm sure they all sold by the end of the Family Fun Night, but sadly, they were among the last to go. It's almost like people knew I was going to be a bad cook or something. Okay, now my insecurities are showing through. I even lost a little bit of sleep over it. Not too much though.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey, lady! I have another tasty Rolo recipe for you to try. It's slightly less complex than the cookie one, but very, very tasty.

Put your oven on a low setting to melt a package (or 2) of Rolos spaced a few inches apart on tinfoil. I mean melt them ever so slightly so they are just barely soft. Then press a little pretzel onto each of them and let them cool.

Oh man. I'm going to the store right now. I'm drooling.