Thursday, May 28, 2009

Faith in God



Emma is my first child to earn the Faith in God award. I'm so proud of her. She really put forth the effort required to complete all of the goals and requirements.


I am told that there is no longer any sort of pendant, bracelet, pin, etc. to be earned. Rather, kids are supposed to feel the reward of living the gospel and accept that as the greatest reward possible. While I do believe that is true, I did want to express to her that her efforts were not only recognized by me, but very much appreciated. I want her to have something to remind her of the experience and, of course, to remind her to continue to make good choices. So, I decided to forego the hamster that she really wanted, and get a "hold to the rod" pendant. I hope it will last at least as long as a hamster would have.


3 comments:

Cloves said...

Good choice forgoing the hamster. Strange they don't get anything. If boys finish their Faith in God that qualifies for the Religious Knot in Scouting (I think). So they get something. It seems unfair. But I can't say I'm surprised.

I like the pendant.

westonbeal said...

Good job, Emma! And good idea on giving a tangible token of accomplishment.

LBBlum said...

I am all for jewerly! That is strange- I am Primary President and we have a box of pendants and tie pins we give out... I guess it is Ward-by-Ward... or something.