Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Meet Me in St. Loius

Yes, I suppose I can officially announce since Richard started a new job there yesterday. He is the ED of the PDCA (Painting and Decorating Contractors of America). It is a national association with the board spread all over the country,which is nice because he really works best when the board isn't breathing down his neck. We are all hopeful that it will be a better fit for him than his last job which turned out to be a fiasco pretty much from the beginning. But, the Lord works in mysterious ways. He would never have been able to get this job without having the last one on his resume. So, it turned out to be a stepping stone on to bigger and better things. We will be living in O'Fallon. There are lots of things to do in MO, so come for a visit. We will have plenty of room for guests.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Joni said...

We can all make a trip to Branson and watch cheesy shows with the elderly!

Woo hoo.
Hope this location/job is a good fit for you all.

Becca said...

A friend I met online lived/lives in St. Louis. He said it was a great city with tons of stuff to do. Ever since, I've wanted to visit. I've never been that close to the middle of the country.

Erin said...

Wow, that's big news. Makes me realize how out-of-the-loop I've been on your current situation. Alas, blogging only KIND OF keeps people in touch. I hope this next move goes smoothly and is an easy transition for you all. Love seeing pictures of the girls' latest happenings!

LBBlum said...

first- your girls are growing up soo fast! I remember when...

second- YOUR MOVING!!! again! WOW!- sounds fun really... after all the headache stuff has past... I hope you guys meet and make lots of cool friends. (Ones that will bring you their milk before they go out of town.) THAT was so awesome~

Kara said...

Good luck with the move! Moving is no fun, but since I can relate, once I have met my new ward members and friends, I can't imagine not knowing such great people. For example.... you!

Jill said...

So glad he found a better job. You are moving almost as often as I do. Best of luck in the new city. But couldn't their McDonalds afford the second arch? Ah well. Should make a good monkey bar for the kids. Enjoy your new city and let us know what you discover.

westonbeal said...

he's the ED? Doesn't that stand for Erectile Dysfunction? I don't get it. That's the problem with too many acronyms, I guess.

Sandra said...

Uhhhh. . .that may be what ED means to you (sorry), but to us it usually stands for Executive Director (aka-President). :0) Ha--Burn! JK