Wednesday, February 3, 2010

House cleaning tip #2- Slow Drains


This is completely surprising, but here goes post #2 for the day. This is a tip and a product review, actually.

Slow drains is a common problem in my house; completely inevitable when you have 4 girls with long hair, I've discovered. Well, I finally figured out how to remove the drain stop in the shower and pull the hair out. It's way better than pouring any chemical down the drain. I've never had good luck with those and besides, every plumber I've ever talked to has said, DO NOT pour those chemicals down your drain. If you're interested I'll try to find the tutorial again and post it.

But the sink stopper was too tricky to try to remove. But in my search for how to do it I came across this cool thing called the Drain Claw. I made a snap decision to give it a try and ordered 3 immediately. I just used it today and WOW!!! It took literally less than a minute to completely clear the drain. It was pretty disgusting pulling the hair off at the end, even with a tissue, but seriously soooooo worth it.