Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A cleaning tip--showers

This is the most worthy blog post I've had in a while. I hope everyone finds this as informational and life changing as I did. It's about my shower. I have forever wondered how you get your shower to look brand new, sparkly clean. It's a constant battle with the soap scum (I can handle this), hard water spots (can't handle this) and mildew (what the huh?). I have finally done it. I've found the answer. Perhaps your shower is always in perfect condition because you diligently squeegie, rinse, squeegie every time and you really scrub weekly. I am not the lord of the shower (I'm not even a fly baby) and you would know that if you saw my shower. (Okay, it's not that gross, but . . .) At least, that used to be true. And then I found this. Instructions to get your shower super clean.
Basically, it goes like this:
1. scrub your shower as usual (do it while you're in the shower).
2. get white vinegar and lots of paper towels. Dunk the paper towels in the vinegar and lay them on the walls of your shower. They will stick. Leave them there for hours (or days if the problem is really bad). Just make sure they stay wet. The chemical reaction will continue to do the job the entire time.
3. Rinse the walls and glass. It should be pretty clean.
4. Get bleach and lots of paper towels. Dunk the paper towels in the bleach and press them into the corners or tile grout or wherever you have any mildew starting. Leave them there for hours or days or whatever you need.
5. Rinse and be amazed.

I left the paper towels on for about 6 hours and my shower was spotless. Perfectly clean. Love, love, love this new info. Am I the only one who didn't know this?

3 comments:

Cloves said...

Okay, but how do you rinse a shower with out getting completely soaked? I haven't ever figured that out. Do you have a have a shower head attached to a hose?

Holli said...

No you are not the only one who didn't know this. Thank you for sharing such valuable information. I have considered making a blog post asking for everyone's great info on how to clean things in their homes. I do okay, but I know there must be tons of great info out there like this to make such a difference - and so easily!! THANK YOU!

LBBlum said...

have you been peeking in my showers??? how did you know!
Can't wait to try this!