Monday, May 5, 2008

Couscous Salad

I came across this recipe in the blogosphere. Tried it. It truly is great.

1 cup couscous
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp. chicken bouillon
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cucumber, chopped
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to garnish (optional)

1. In a bowl mix cucumbers, vinegar and garlic. Let sit 20 minutes to marinate.
2. In another bowl, add boiling water to couscous and chicken stock. Mix and let cool.
3. Once couscous is cool, add cucumber mixture, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir in feta. Garnish with parsley.

I made it without the feta because I didn't think my kids would like it, but silly me, they didn't like it anyway (ie. refused to try it), so I should have just made it for myself with the feta. Oh well.

1 comment:

Cloves said...

I've got one I haven't tried yet but looks good. It has dried cherries in it.

Sorry your kids wouldn't try it. None of them? By the time L turned 8 he was eating whatever was made for him. Or at least tryng it. Maybe it's a girl thing.