Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rain Day

We experienced something on Monday that I have never experienced before. The kids were out of school for a RAIN day. I remember the fun of looking out at huge piles of snow and hoping that school would be canceled for a snow day, and joy-of-joys, sometimes it was. But here, after 3 straight days of pouring down rain, there were so many roads inoperable from waist deep puddles in some areas that buses were unable to get to many locations. Our area was okay and we would have been able to get to school easily, so we just reaped the rewards of those less fortunate this time.

4 comments:

Cloves said...

I was wondering how you were faring with all the rain in your area.

Janis said...

I was wondering also how you guys were doing as I watched the news and saw it headed right towards you in Chicago. I'm glad you haven't floated away.

Joni said...

I'm glad the rain hasn't been to detrimental for you personally.

I remember in Omaha when school was cancelled for cold. There was no precipitation, but the temperatures were so low they didn't want any kids waiting for buses or walking around outside.

Erin said...

Oh, how we could use some of that rain here! I just looked at the weather forecast and 10 days out it looks like we might finally get some rain! I think the last time we had ANY was like March or April. Dry as a bone, we are. I hope you all stayed in PJs all day! Looks like you're settling in nicely. How are the girls adjusting to new schools and ward? Happy Belated Birthday to Maddie! 14?! Look out, Mom.