Friday, April 23, 2010

Black-eyed Pea Cornbread


1 C. cornmeal
1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 C. vegetable or corn oil (I use way less than this-- usually about 1/4 C. -I've never missed the extra)
1 C. buttermilk (or powdered milk from your food storage)
1 med. onion, chopped (or reconstituted from your food storage. I just throw about 1/3 C. into the mixture and add about 1/2 C. water
2 jalepeno peppers, chopped (If you like it spicier, add one more)
3/4 C. drained corn
1 lb (or so) browned sausage, or leftover taco meat
1/2 lb. grated cheddar cheese (I use less than this. I just throw a handful in.)
1 C. cooked black-eyed peas

Add ingredients in the order listed. Mix a bit as you go. Cook in 9x9" greased pan at 350 for 45 min. or until golden browned on top.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: