Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Naperville Inaugural Gala

We've had quite a weekend of travel and excitment. Richard has been in Naperville for a couple of weeks now and they were having their annual gala this weekend. So, we flew Robyn in on Thursday to take care of the kids. I flew out on Friday night to attend the gala, Richard and I flew home on Saturday and Richard and Robyn flew home on Sunday. Phew!--glad that's over.


The Gala was quite an event. It was all formal (which I don't do very often, but it's fun), so I was able to pull out some of my fanciest stuff. The only thing I bought were these killer shoes--killer in the way they looked AND felt. Uhg! (Yes, I was dying by the end of the night.) They matched my dress perfectly though. "Beauty is painful sometimes. Be tough."--Moriah Carey. I really did hear her say that once. So, this is what we looked like. Can you believe we didn't get one full length shot? Another Uuuhg!





When they announced Richard they played the theme to the Johnny Carson Tonight Show and everyone gave him a standing ovation. It was like he was a celebrity or something. It was pretty cool. He gave a great little speech about what he's already learned about Naperville and what his plans are for the Chamber and the community. We met tons of people and they all made us feel very welcome and excited to be a part of the area. We will have a great time there. It was a great evening including a magic show, great dinner, dancing and Richard juggling



The next morning, on the flight home I had a head full of bobby pins and didn't make it through security without a full body check. It was my first time. Richard thought it was pretty funny and had to get this shot.


5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hello gorgeous movie star friend!

Joni said...

Wow, you really do look great.

Did you get your hair done, or did you do it yourself?

I'm glad it was fun.

Sandra said...

I wish I could do that myself. No, I went to have it done. They set me up at a really fancy salon downtown and it was a little pricier than I'm used to. Thus, the same hairdo the next day. I figured I ought to get as much out of it as possible.

Erin said...

I'm disappointed that we don't get to see the dress and matching shoes! Sounds like a really fun night. What, no video clip of Richard juggling?

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this happening flying out after a wedding. It's just funny that it happened to my sister. I tell people when I do an updo not to try to make it through airport security with all the bobby pins. You looked great!