Thursday, January 17, 2008

Maddie's Band Concert


Maddie is in band this year and is quite enjoying it. She plays the vibraphone--a percussion instrument that she doesn't have to practice at all thanks to her years on the piano. I think that's why she enjoys it so much. It takes no effort on her part. Despite that fact, she is really pretty good. Her band teacher, Mr. Roberts, whom the students sometimes call Mr. Bobs, is really amazing. He teaches a band class before school and one after school and still teaches during the day too. He is somehow able to put about 80 kids in one room and get them to play many different instruments to the point that they are actually making music. Most of these kids have little to no musical training prior to this year. It truly amazes me. So, without further adieu, Maddie's favorite song of the concert. (She was really embarrassed and begged me not to post this, but I had to because I love her so much.) She's hard to see behind the trombones, but her mallets are really moving and she has a lot of fun with her instrument.


That was the original post, but I could not get the video to work on the blog for a couple of reasons, therefore I decided not to post it at all, but since she has sent the message to look for it I will post the still shot I took of her and her friend. They really work well together and make beautiful music.

No comments: