Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Winner of the Best New Game Award goes to. . .

Ticket to Ride. Daren and Joni got this for Christmas and we played it 6 times in 2 days. It is so much fun. We played the Europe version. There is an America version, but I guess it's a little simpler--maybe better for younger players. I love that it requires a little bit of strategy, but still has an element of chance, it doesn't take too long to play, and once you start playing it's not complicated with too many rules to remember. It's really fun. Thank you Daren and Joni for staying up late and playing with me.

3 comments:

Joni said...

So glad you liked it. Thanks for playing with us.

Brooke said...

I'm so excited to check this game out! Can I tell you which game to never buy? Mousetrap. We made that mistake this year after much begging from our kids. Maybe after your kids are a certain age it is fun? I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm excited to try out your recommendation.

Erin said...

We like this game too. We've always played the America version at my parents' house, but I've heard that the European version is great too. We actually gave this as a gift to my sister in law for Christmas this year, so seeing that you like it too reassures me that it was a good choice!
Your pictures of a snowy Christmas look fun! What did you think of Naperville?