Monday, May 10, 2010

Another Birthday


Emma's birthday party was very teenagey--appropriate because she is now a teen!
It started at the movie theater because it just happened to be our orthodontist's patient appreciation party that day that we were planning to attend. (Who wouldn't want to see Iron Man 2 for free?) So we just incorporated that into the birthday party and invited all her friends to come as guests. It was great. (I ended up watching How To Train Your Dragon with Ellie.)
Then we headed to the mall for a mall scavenger hunt and pizza. We ate our fill and then sat around while the girls left in teams to find all the stuff. They had fun, I had a relaxing time--win, win for all. Then they returned for "cookie" cake. Emma would rather have cookies than cake any day so that was her special request. I made it myself and she is certain that a "real" one from the store would be better, but I thought it was pretty darn good. The winners of the scavenger hunt won a HUGE prize. They got to pick their party favor bag first. The bags were made by me from fabric I had on hand. I found the pattern online and thought it was so cute. This was the most economical and easy party I have ever done. A great time was had by all=SUCCESS!
P.S.-notice that all the girls are wearing blue eye shadow. It was part of the scavenger hunt. I thought they all looked quite cute.
P.P.S.-Dillards will not let you have a shopping bag. Don't even bother asking for one.
P.P.P.S.-Foot Locker has too many blue shoes to count.
P.P.P.P.S.-the people that work at Sbarro are really nice :)
P.P.P.P.P.S.-I have a gorgeous 13 year old.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joni said...

What a great party idea! I can't believe you made all of those bags.

I think the cookie cake is awesome and that your children don't get how cool you are.

I can't believe Emma is so grown up already! She looks so much like you. She is a very beautiful girl.