Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday (cont.)

It seems to happen at our house that birthdays last for several days. First there's party day and then the real birthday. Well, real birthday just happened to fall on our busiest day, so we had to squeeze party stuff in between regular stuff. So, here's what we did:
For lunch I took pizza and rainbow cupcakes to school to share with her friends. It was great and the cupcakes were a hit at the middle school. I was so glad they tasted as good as they looked.
After school we did all of our regular running around and finally at 9:00 that night (after art club, dance, YW at two different locations, and something else that I can't even remember anymore) we were able to do some at-home birthday stuff. Maddie made a fun birthday banner for her, we ate the left-over cupcakes, and opened a few gifts. I gave her the "birthday ball" which is a fun idea I got from a friend in CA. I've used it a few times now. It's basically a bunch of gifts all wrapped up in crepe paper streamers that form a ball. It's fun to unwrap because you just can't believe how many things are tucked inside. Emma's ball was smaller than a football and included a T-shirt, 2 packs of gum, 3 sets of 3 pair earrings, a pack of pens, cash, nail polish, coupons for future dates with Mom, and a couple other things that I can't remember. Everyone watching enjoys this gift as much as the recipient. There's just so much anticipation.
We all love her!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joni said...

That's it, I'm getting all my birthday ideas from you from here on out.

Although I have done those cupcakes!