Friday, November 16, 2007

Persimmons


What do you do with them? Richard knows a lady who grows persimmons and every year she gives him some along with some persimmon cookies. The cookies really are pretty good, but what do you do with the persimmon? I'm not making the cookies. I already looked it up. You have to wait until they are just ripe and then peel them and cook them. It seems like too much work for what you get in the end. I'll let you know how they taste. I'm going to eat them like an apple when they are ripe enough.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Ew, they look too much like a tomato for my comfort level. But let me know how they turn out once they ripen up. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Erin said...

I don't have a clue what to do with them, but let me know if you like them. We have a persimmon tree in our backyard that's struggling and didn't produce this year, but an arborist told us we should give it another year before taking the tree out because we would LOVE the fruit. I'm doubtful, but willing to wait. Doesn't it make you think of Music Class: "Shake those simmons, shake those simmons, shake those simmons down!"