Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Very Big News. . .






I have the okay to spread the word. The contract has been signed. Richard has taken a job in Naperville, IL. He starts in January and we will probably stay here until the end of the school year and try to sell our house. We got a great relocation package, the job is awesome, and we are all very excited. Richard will be the new Naperville Chamber of Commerce Executive. It is the second largest chamber in IL. Two of the board members flew here last week to meet me and make sure I was okay with the move and everything. Of course I am. I'm excited to make a new start without all the stress that accompanied our move here. I think that's partly the reason I just never have felt comfortable here, (sorry Elk Grovians--no offense). Richard is happy too. He's been dancing on the clouds since he got this job (about a week ago). The one drawback. . .we will have to spend more money on winter wear. I have to admit, I'll miss the weather here. It is pretty darn ideal. Oh well. So, if you're ever in the area, you'll now have a place to stop. Chicago anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra. Warmest greetings and allow me to personally welcome you to Naperville. Though I know its always hard dig up roots and move across the country to a new place, I am very confident that you and your family will love it here. My wife and I have two young boys, ages 3 and 6, and we moved out of Chicago four years ago and can say that we are very passionate about Naperville.

I publish the World of Naperville blog, www.naperville.wordpress.com, and as a fellow blogger I invite you to visit and look around as it will give you a great inside persepctive to your new community. If there are any questions you have about Naperville in the meantime, please don't hesitate in contacting me at worldofnaperville@yahoo.com.

As for Richard, I just read a brief bio on him and it definitely looks as though the Chamber has done a terrific job in finding a high quality, well-rounded individual to fill the President/CEO slot. Please extend to him my sincerest congratulations and let him know we look forward to his arrival.

Finally, I just wanted you to know that I discovered your blog via a Google alert for "Naperville Chamber". Though I don't believe there has been a public announcement yet, I want to assure you and Richard that I promise to not say a single word to anyone or on my blog about this big news until the formal announcement is made.

Again, welcome to Naperville and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you and Richard somewhere down the road.

Best Regards,

Stuart Meyer

Anonymous said...

Mentor has an office in Schaumburg, your neighbor to the north, so it's possible I could be there for business. Also, see if you can find the town of Weston, IL in your vicinity. It might be hidden.

Brooke said...

CONGRATS! I'm pretty sure that's even further away, though.... :( But I am so happy for you!

Cloves said...

Sounds exciting. Good luck with the move and everything that goes along with it.

Erin said...

WOW. That's HUGE news. I'm a little sad, not that I get to see you much anymore, but still... We have a family in our ward here who just moved from Florida, but before that lived in Naperville. She's super nice, so if you need a source for info on wards, etc., let me know and I'll give you her number. The Elk Grove 5th ward will be lost without you! ;) In the months when Richard is away, will you please take a break once in a while and leave your girls with me while you go to the temple...or elsewhere! I'd love to see them all again.