Wednesday, November 12, 2008

. . .And I do my little turn on the catwalk. . .

I almost forgot to post this, but it's something I do NOT want to forget. A couple weeks ago Richard and I went to a women's club annual fashion show. This is a big fund-raiser event in Naperville at one of the posh country clubs. It includes lunch, a silent auction and a fancy fashion show. We were enjoying this afternoon with about 400 women from the area. Richard was invited to go AS A MODEL. He, along with the mayor, a Chicago area radio DJ, and a local college Dean of Fine Arts (or something) were asked to join the professional women models to show the men's line. So, there he was, strutting his stuff on the catwalk to the applause of all the women. I didn't have my camera and the pictures I took with his phone didn't turn out because I just didn't know how to work it very well. Bummer. But take my word for it, he's. . ."too sexy for his shirt."

2 comments:

Janis said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures would have been priceless? I can actually totally picture it in my mind and I an laughing hysterically.

I looked at most of your posts. You guys seem like you are completely enjoying Illinois. I don't think you miss California at all.

It is nice to see that things are going well and the family seems happy.

We miss you.

Sandra said...

We are having fun. But I am starting to miss the weather and it's only going to get worse.