Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pancakes

 
I love 'em! And why do I love them so much? Because my kids ALL love them too. This is the one thing that they beg me to make on a regular basis. They eat them 'til they're stuffed and wish they had room for more. I have heard them say many times that I should open a pancake restaurant. They also think I am somewhat of a pancake artist, which they think could be the draw for the restaurant. I am proficient with Mickey and Minnie and have been successful with Goofy and sometimes Donald. My Mickey always wears a top hat and bow tie, but I serve way more Minnie's in this house. I can do hearts and stars on request and any name you want.
Pancakes are my affirmation that I can cook good stuff that everyone likes. They are the standard for sleep-over breakfasts. And every guest agrees--They are yummy. My kids especially like my homemade syrup (which isn't really mine. It's the same syrup my mom used to make). If you've never tried it it's super easy and really yummy.

Syrup
1 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. white sugar
1 C. water
Bring to a boil and then add 1 tsp. maple extract. Serve hot.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LBBlum said...

teach me how to make pancakes please!!!
I hate making them.. they ALWAYS stick to my pan..are too runny- too think, cream -filled/under cooked, over cooked.. I just can't get em right!
TUTORIAL please!