Monday, November 17, 2008

Dinner with Ted


I'm ready to throw my computer or camera out the window. Something happened and I lost the pictures I was going to post today. They were really good ones. RRRGGGGGG!
The other day we went to dinner at Ted's Montana Grill in Naperville as guests of (drumroll please). . .Ted Turner himself. It was a small group that included the mayor and his son, Richard and me, the owner and manager of the local bookstore, and Ted and Sally, or in his words,"my gal, Sal. She's my pal." He had spent the day in Naperville at a book signing to promote his new book, Call Me Ted. The food was great. Of course, we all had buffalo. I had ribs. I highly recommend them. The conversation was more dull than I thought it would be. He seemed pretty disinterested in nearly everything. To be fair, I'm sure he was super tired. He is in his 70's and is in the middle of a long book tour that is taking him all over the country. But he was very nice and took the time to walk around the restaurant greeting the customers and thanking them for coming to his restaurant. His staff took pictures of him with Richard and the mayor, and were kind enough to take a shot of him with us using my camera. But, when I tried to load it onto my computer something happened and it looked like it was going to crash, but didn't, but I lost my photo. I am so bummed!!! Oh well, it wasn't that flattering of me anyway. Maybe I'll have to photoshop a picture of us together. :) The best part of the night was when the owner of the bookstore (a woman) told him that she also owned the building that his restaurant was in, making her his landlord. He didn't know that and was suddenly acting beholden to her. It was pretty funny. Other than that, no matter how much people tried to draw him into conversation, he remained fairly quiet. He did suggest that we try the buffalo and told us all of the redeeming qualities of it. I guess it's more healthy than beef. Anyway, it was pretty fun to be there.

No comments: