Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmastime in Chicago


We took a night trip to the city to check out some of the pretty decorations. There are several books published on the beauty of Chicago at Christmas, but I think we should have figured out where to look before we left. We only found a few things. But they were pretty. I wore my little Russian hat. The kids were laughing at me. You can too.
And in truth, our main objective was to go to Al's Beef for authentic Italian Beef sandwiches. We went, we ate, we enjoyed. You can get them two ways: dipped and dry. I wanted to do dipped, which is basically french dip, but the whole thing at once. Richard would have preferred dry, so of course, he went and got one the next day and did it dry. That is soooo him. We're trying to experience all of the legendary food places while we're here. There are lots of them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun!! And COLD!