Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

 

During the last week of school Lauren's class was making gingerbread houses. She was so excited for this day. She got up without too much of a fuss, dressed in her "pretty house" shirt just for the occasion, let me do her hair, and was ready to get out the door 15 min. early. This is pretty much unheard of at my house. She was extra pleased because I was going to be a helper in her class for the event. She had such a good time doing this project.
On a side note--I don't think I've ever blogged about the school district here. It's run like a prison. Every school is in lockdown 100% of the time. There are NO class treats allowed--ever!!! They only get one recess (at lunch time) and have about 10 min. to eat lunch before they are thrown out of the cafeteria. So, what does this have to do with gingerbread houses? MmmHmm. . .you know I was letting kids sneak a little candy here and there and watching them pop it into their mouths. Take that you crusty ol' school district.
On the other hand, when I went into Ellie's class to help out during the same week, I took my camera and was going to get some cute pictures of the fun Polar Express Day they were having, but right when I walked in a little kid walked right over to where I was standing (off of the carpet) and puked a gallon right next to me. So I became a little distracted from the picture taking idea. That was another fun day. :(
Posted by Picasa

No comments: