Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Little Less Wisdom

After skipping the appointment about 15 years ago to get my bottom wisdom teeth removed, I finally went in to get that taken care of. I've had the tops out for that long, but never really needed the bottoms out, until now. I had a cavity on one and we decided to just get rid of them. They are pretty hard to reach.
So, I remember friends who have had their wisdom teeth extracted and it was a huge ordeal filled with swelling and bruising and many days of terrible pain. And I am happy to report that it was the most uneventful, one of the simplest dental procedures I've ever had, next to my root canal which was totally easy because I didn't even need any novicaine or anything so there was practically no recovery time needed. (The tooth was dead.)
The truth is, I was kinda hoping for a day of sympathy and pampering because I just don't get much of that, and there wasn't even a need for it. Oh well. I can't complain about having good health.

No comments: