Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Monday at the Zoo





Since we had school off on Monday I thought I'd take the kids to the zoo. Ellie could barely even remember going before. I was feeling like a bad mom because of that. So here we are. It was a perfect day in Sacramento.

My favorite part was the Amazon bird that could talk. I was amazed at how much it was saying: Hello, meow, what's up?, (howl like a dog), (laugh), pretty bird, and more. It had a pretty good vocabulary and wasn't shy about sharing it. I loved it. And I always like the monkeys the best.

Ellie loved the lions. She's a little obsessed with lions because she plays lion and lion cub with Richard. She also insisted on carrying her elephant, Ellie, around with her the entire day.

Lauren liked the snakes. Who woulda guessed?

Emma liked the giraffes. They are her favorite animal for some reason.
Maddie spent the day with another friend so we took Emma's friend, Miranda, with us.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Okay, so this zoo looks just a little bit cooler than Willow Park Zoo. But we did get some monkeys, so that's a step in the right direction.